Real Money Casinos in 2022
The casino is a special venue in which fortunes can be made and lost. From landing massive jackpots in slots to losing a hand in poker after going all in, it’s no surprise that money can change hands quite often here.
However, we are living in very different times. While there are more people than ever who are interested in casino games, traditional casinos in Canada aren’t exactly easy to reach for most people. As such, trying to gamble real money at a land-based casino just isn’t worth it for most players, especially those who have to travel out significant distances.
Luckily for us, we are living in very different times. And these different times have produced the perfect solution: the real money online casino.
On this page, we’ll give you everything you need to know about these special venues. From learning how to play in these sites to the benefits and risks of doing so, there is quite a lot of ground to cover, so we hope you’ll stick around for the ride.
What Is A Real Money Casino?
A real money casino is, as the name suggests, a site that allows players to gamble with cash. These casinos allow players to deposit money through various payment methods to play their games, as well as withdraw this money (as well as any winnings) from this account to use as real, hard cash.
While most online casinos let you win real money from their games, there are other venues that don’t. These sites are called social casinos, and as the name suggests, they focus more on providing engaging social experiences with friends or strangers through the medium of casino games.
Of course, we’re not here to play online casinos for the social experience (for the most part, anyway)—we’re here for the chances to win real money.
What Can I Play In A Real Money Casino?
The main design goal of most online casinos is to essentially emulate the experience of playing at a land-based casino, but from the convenience of your computer, laptop, or phone. As such, the selection of games you can expect to see in these sites just so happen to mirror the ones you’ll see in a land-based casino—albeit with some slight differences. Here are just a few examples:
The quintessential casino card game, it’s almost impossible to find a site that doesn’t offer online blackjack in one form or another. With some of the most well-known and well-researched strategies in any casino game, blackjack offers just the right balance of thought and luck to keep the game endlessly entertaining.
Poker is another persistently popular card game in both offline and online casinos and is revered among card game connoisseurs for being a game that relies more on skill than on chance. This opens up the opportunity for players to win big with the right strategies and plays.
Poker is also known for having a huge number of rule variants, from Caribbean poker to Texas Hold’Em live dealer casino games. The poker games you’ll see in these platforms generally fall into one of two categories: those that are played against the house and those that are played against other players. In whichever case, all of these variants have their special quirks that make them stand out from the others, so you are bound to find an online poker game that is just up your alley.
There is no denying that a live roulette wheel is a gambling icon. As the casino table game, it should be no surprise that online casinos have their own rendition of the game on their platforms. Whether the tables are of the American or European roulette style, these online roulette games are only just a click away.
While most online renditions of casino games aim to match the experience of their physical counterparts, online slot games are one of the rare exceptions in which the digital versions could actually offer a better experience than a physical machine.
This is mostly thanks to major advancements in both video game development and the ever-increasing capabilities of computers and mobile devices. Having the game be completely digital allows developers to take their creativity as far as it can go, adding in gorgeous visual and sound effects that are practically impossible (or, at least, very difficult) to replicate on a physical machine. In addition, online slots can also feature additional paylines and progressive jackpots that give players more chances to win big.
How to Play at Online Casinos for Real Money
Now that we know what to expect to see in Canadian casinos, how do we actually play in one? While the exact process varies from casino to casino, signing up for a Canadian casino generally goes like this:
- Choose an online casino. While there is generally a lot more thought that goes into choosing the best site for you, the gist of it is that you select one that feels right to you. The best part about playing online is that, if the site you’re playing on gets long in the tooth, other casino platforms are only a click away.
- Make an account. Once you’ve found the casino that has the features you want, the next step would be to register your account.
- Deposit money. After setting up your account, you may be asked to make an initial deposit with the casino platform to actually use your money in their games. Many casinos will actually have welcome bonuses attached to this initial deposit, so in such cases, simply making an account won’t actually let you take advantage of these bonuses.
Why Play Real Money Casinos?
Knowing everything that we know so far, should you actually gamble with your hard-earned cash? While there are a lot of nice qualities and perks in doing so, one also has to be aware of the equally many drawbacks to the experience. To help you make a more informed decision, we’ve listed down a few of the most common arguments for and against gambling with real money.
- Chance to win real money: The main reason for anyone to play for real money is, of course, to win real money. Since real money tends to be shelled out when playing at land-based casinos in Canada, it would be nice to be able to do the same while online or on the go.
- Significant bonuses: And indeed, casino site developers are more than happy to gamble your money in their sites, and will even shell out bonus packages for new players who make their first deposit. Many online casinos in Canada will also offer loyalty rewards for continued patronage at their site—and while the perks aren’t exactly tangible objects like the comps system at brick-and-mortar venues, they are nonetheless very nice to have.
- Convenience: As we touched on at the beginning of this article, one of the main motivations for players to go to online casino sites is getting to play wherever they want, whenever they want.
- Risk of losing money: No matter how much we get caught up in the allure of winning real money at an online casino, it’s important to remember that there is just as much—if not more—of a chance to lose that money in an online casino. Almost all casino games have what we call the house edge, which is the casinos’ statistical advantage over the players. This guarantees that the casino can recoup any short-term losses the longer you play.
- Risk of gambling addiction: Following this, one must also be aware of the risk of becoming addicted to online gambling. Because your money is simply represented as numbers on a screen, it can be easy to forget that your money is very real and very valuable. It is important for Canadian players to keep a close eye on their budgets to avoid slipping into this downward spiral.
- Little social interaction: A core feature of the land-based casino is its social aspect—human players are gathered around tables and machines, and players are constantly exposed to these social interactions that are practically nonexistent once we go digital. While casino sites have made improved in the social features of their casinos, regulars at land-based casinos will be quick to tell you that the experience is just not the same.
How to Choose a Real Money Casino
When you’ve fully decided to take your chances with real money, the first and most important question to ask is: what casino site should I play at? With so many sites and apps to choose from, it can be quite daunting to find a place to start.
That is where we come in. Here at Inside Casino, we provide lists of the best real money online casinos for both beginners and regulars alike. With our team of expert reviewers who know the ins and outs of online casinos in Canada, we do all of the testing and analysis so that you don’t have to.
But of course, players have every reason to be a bit sceptical of other people’s opinions. To help you assess for yourself whether or not a casino site is any good, we’ve shared with you below four of the most important characteristics that we assess to find the best online casinos on the Internet:
- Games: Any good site should, first and foremost, have casino games that people actually want to play. Since most casino games are licensed from third-party developers, we keep a separate and comprehensive list of casino games reviews that we then check against the platform to see if they host the games that we know provide a great experience to Canadian players. We also assess the selection of games that the online casino offers, as having a limited set of games can drive away players if they find none of them fun.
- Security: Next up is the security of the site. While we aren’t exactly security analysts, we do comb through the online casino sites we review to make sure that players’ personal information is safe and secure. This is especially important when real money is involved, as payment details can very easily be compromised by hackers if the site doesn’t have the necessary safeguards against them. For this reason, we pay very close attention to the security of their payment methods in our assessment.
- Ease of Use: Our reviewers also test how easy the casino platform is to use, whether it is hosted on a website or a mobile casino app. Responsive designs—in other words, website designs that adapt their interfaces to the device used to access them—are quite prone to usability issues, especially when used through mobile devices. Our list of top-rated casinos are expected to eliminate those issues to provide a smooth experience on any platform.
- Licensing: Last but definitely not least, it’s important to check whether the online casino has the appropriate licenses to operate the site as well as host the games that are on their platform. Although fiction likes to paint the gambling world as a legal no man’s land, in reality online and offline gambling is heavily regulated around the world. A casino with these licenses, then, is a pretty good indicator of their legitimacy and trustworthiness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to play casino games for real money?
If you play in online casinos that are known to be safe and respectable, playing for real money at these venues is perfectly safe.
Of course, the key to all of this lies in the site itself. We have already gone into detail on this in our section on how to choose the best online casinos to play at, but to recap, players should make sure that the online casino has the appropriate licenses that allow them to operate legally and in the interests of player safety.
Do any casino apps pay real money?
Casino apps can and do pay out real money just like their physical counterparts if the app’s developer or owner allows it. In such cases, the transactions and payment processes are identical to that of a web platform, except that they’re done on a smartphone or tablet through the app.
Real Money Casinos – Closing Thoughts
Money is the lifeblood of the casino, whether one likes it or not. I’m sure most casino players can agree that few can match the thrill and excitement of walking away with a big payout. And with the best real money online casinos on the internet, players can do all of that from the comfort of their homes or even while on the go.
We hope that this guide has helped you learn about this side of the online gambling world and that you will get to play our recommended casinos now fully aware of its pros and cons.