Basic Rules and Betting Limits
European Blackjack games are played with two or more decks of 52 cards and the aim is to get a higher count than the dealer without going over 21.
One of the differences from the American version is how the cards are dealt. The dealer only takes one card while the players draw two. At that stage the players make the decision about how they want to proceed in the game. They can Hit or Stand but only when they are satisfied, will the dealer take the second card.
- Aces count as either 1 or 11 depending which is most useful.
- Kings, Queens and Jacks count as 10.
- Number cards 2-10 retain their face value.
- The different suits don’t matter.
If the cards dealt, add up to more than 21’ you are ‘bust’ regardless of the dealer’s hand. If the dealer is bust you win the hand. The cards are shuffled after each game.
Betting limits do vary considerably but most casinos offer both high and low stakes games, which make the European Blackjack game perfect for both the new online casino player and the more experienced one high roller.
How to Play European Blackjack
After you decide on your wager amount and have been dealt your first two cards you have two options – Hit or Stand. To Hit is to request another card from the dealer in order to improve your total – you can continue Hitting until you are happy with your hand. To Stand is to take no further cards and play this hand against the dealer
A number of buttons allow you to keep control of the game.
- Hit – request another card
- Stand – keep the hand dealt
- Paid – will reveal your total winnings
- Bet – shows your total bet amount
- Clear – lets you clear a bet from the table
- Options – a menu of controls, showing, for example: game speed, graphic quality and audio controls.