Basic Rules and Betting Limits
In a Premium Blackjack game the object is to get closer to 21 than the dealer, without going over.
As in all versions of the game, Premium Blackjack rules may vary depending on house style and the software used.
A Playtech driven site may, for example, offers:
- Turbo mode – which speeds up the play
- Betting ranges of $1 to $500
- Bonus bets including Dealer’s Pair and Player’s Pair
- Further bonus betting options
In some games the minimum and maximum levels of betting are dictated by your VIP rating.
- Aces count as either 1 or 11 depending which is most beneficial.
- Kings, Queens and Jacks count as 10.
- Number cards 2-10 retain their face value.
- The different suits don’t matter.
If the cards you are dealt total more than 21, you are ‘bust’ regardless of the dealer’s hand. If the dealer is bust you win the hand.
How to Play Premium Blackjack
To get started just click Deal. If you make a mistake or change your mind just click Clear Bets to remove all your bets from the table. Undo removes just the last bet from the table.
Both dealer and player get two cards. The player’s cards are dealt face up and the dealer has one hidden and the other face up. Players can then Hit or Stand. To Hit is to call for another card from the dealer – you can continue Hitting until you are content with your hand. To Stand is to be satisfied with your hand.
In some Canadian online casinos you can play up to five hands with a different bet on each hand. In this scenario the action on each hand is dealt with separately, working from the right.